Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- 8 ounces of spinach (around one bunch), rinsed and dried
- 3 cups strawberries, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Spinach can be substituted with mild leafy greens, like lettuce.
- Other fruit could be added to the salad, such as berries or dried fruit.
- Coarsely chop or tear the spinach. Cut the strawberries into slices.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, white sugar, paprika, sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
- Toss the salad mixture with the dressing. Serve at room temperature or cold.