- 8 lbs. Fresh Peaches
- 2 tbsp. Ginger
- 2 tbsp. Cloves
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/2 tsp. Citric Acid
- 6 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1 quart Vinegar
- Jars with separated lids and rings
- Grabbing handle tool
- Water bath canner
- Headspace tool
- De-skin peaches. Put peaches in a pot of hot boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Then place into an ice bath for about a minute. Then you will peel off the skin.
- Place peaches in a bowl of water mixed with citric acid.
- Mix sugar and vinegar in a pot and let boil until it becomes syrup. Mix the syrup.
- Remove the skin of ginger. Add ginger, cinnamon and cloves to cheesecloth and wrap tightly. Then add cheesecloth to your vinegar syrup.
- Add peaches to the syrup and let sit until they are soft, but not mushy.
- Let peaches cool. Sit in the fridge overnight.
- Take peaches and our into your clean jars. Using the funnel, pour some of the syrup into the jar.
- Using the headspace tool, check to see if there is enough space between the liquid and top of the jar (1/2 in. headspace).
- Clean any residue that may be on the jar or lid.
- Using a magnet tool, place on the jar lid and secure with jarring. Should be to fingertip tightness.
- Using jar holder, place jar into boiling hot water bath and process for 20 minutes.
- Take out the jar and place on a dry cloth to cool down. Your jar is cooled when you can see a concave at the top of the jar.