Homemade Chicken Nuggets In the Air Fryer
- 1 pound or 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even 1-inch bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs (whole wheat preferred)
- ⅓ cup panko
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces. Set into a mixing bowl and top with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Toss to coat and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, place breadcrumbs, panko, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- With tongs or a small fork, place a few pieces of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture. Toss around until each piece is well coated. Place onto a sheet pan to rest.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the air fryer is preheated, place chicken nuggets into the basket about ½ inch apart. Do not overcrowd the basket. You will likely cook in 3-4 batches depending on how many chicken nuggets you make.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then flip chicken nuggets.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from air fryer and serve.