Making a Crisp Cucumber Avocado Salad
Michelle Estrada, family and consumer sciences agent with N.C. Cooperative Extension, shares a quick and easy recipe for a healthy alternative to your regular salad.
Not only are cucumbers made mostly of water, but cucumbers are fat-free, cholesterol-free and sodium-free. They also contain vitamin C, making them the perfect healthy snack alternative during the holidays or any time.
Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together; using clean hands mix to slightly macerate the avocados. You can do this in a zip top plastic bag or in a bowl.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Indulge your taste buds with more healthy cucumber recipes.
Home to Mount Olive Pickles, it should come as no surprise that North Carolina ranks second in the nation in agricultural production of pickling cucumbers.
Learn more about how to grow and pickle these healthy vegetables.