Super Simple Sweet Potato Fries
The sweet potato is the official vegetable of North Carolina. It should come as no surprise, given that the state leads the country in sweet potato production.
This sweet-tasting root vegetable is filled with fiber and comes in a wide array of colors, but you probably recognize it best in vibrant orange.
Not only is it packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, it also promotes better digestive health and can significantly aid in the management of blood sugar and other body functions. And it’s incredibly tasty and versatile as well!
Michelle Estrada, family and consumer sciences agent with N.C. Cooperative Extension, shares a super simple – and delicious – sweet potato snack! Watch our latest In the Kitchen segment to see how she puts a delectable twist on a timeless favorite.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional herbs: rosemary, basil, oregano
- Peel and cut into “fry size” strips.
- Soak in water for one hour, then rinse.
- Toss strips in cornstarch and arrange on baking sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over strips and sprinkle on salt, pepper and herbs of your choice.
- Roast in the oven at 350°F until crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes.