Recipes & Research: Sweet Potato Ginger Soup
Indulge in a nutritious, delicious soup recipe using N.C. sweet potatoes from Extension Nutrition Associate Aubrey Mast.
Along the way, you might even learn about the health benefits of sweet potatoes and groundbreaking research NC State scientists are doing to explore health-promoting compounds found in fruits, vegetables and other plants.
Feast your eyes on more sweet potato health benefits and recipes.
Sweet Potato Ginger Soup
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 5 carrots or winter squash, chopped
- 3 cups bone broth or water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh cut ginger, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.